I gotta be honest, I never liked Instagram and I've been wanting to quit facebook, but both are probably the best tools I have to promote Storm Surge of Reverb.
That said, I'd rather promote platforms I actually appreciate. Discord is nice. It's often used for gaming, but mostly it's just a chat platform. With a discord I have a means to
- Give people an instant heads-up that the show is on
- Do the same for other surf radio shows
- Have a way for people to chat with me (and others) and others during the show
- Have a place for people to talk about surf music
- Have a place to make friends with other surf fans.
If you're not familiar with discord, it's pretty easy-going. You can just sit and watch, nobody will expect you to jump in.
I've seen a few other surf-releated Discord channels, but most are pretty empty. My hope is that this will be different because I'll be regularly posting new releases and updates, so at the very least I will keep it fresh.